Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ARTICHOKE/HEARTS OF PALM DIP

I had this artichoke dip this past weekend at a party. When I scooped some of it into my plate I thought it was going to be that regular artichoke heart/mayo/parm/cheddar dip, which would've been fine, cauz that's one of my favorites. BUT let me say this. When I put the first bite of that luscious stuff in my mouth I swore I'd never ever EVER let the regular artichoke dip touch my lips again. This stuff is heaven on a cracker. Or in a spoon. Or on your finger. Or howsomever you wish to get it to your piehole.

You won't believe it. Seriously.

2 cans artichoke hearts, chopped
1 can hearts of palm, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded – sprinkle some on top
½ cup parmesan cheese - the kind from the bottle is fine, or bagged pre-shredded
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 - 2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce to taste
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 - 2 Tbsp Texas Pete hot sauce to taste
2 Tsp garlic powder
2 Tsp onion powder
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together (reserving enough of the cheese to sprinkle over the top) in a bowl.
Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned on top.

See, it's not even that different from the regular stuff, huh! But I'm telling you, it'll stop you in your tracks.

Tiedye

2 comments:

GailD said...

I haven't tried this yet, but I have had Hearts of Palm in a dish my mom’s Argentinian cousin made when she visited a few years ago...so I am excited about checking this out!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!