Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Norwegian Cookies

These cookies are so good. Do Not Overbake them. But, they are so soft and Delicious..

Norwegian Cookies
1 cup butter or marg. softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. almond and vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cups chopped fine walnuts(i don't use)
green/red sugar

Cream butter & sugar. Add eggs and extracts. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour & nuts, beat just until moistened. Cover & Chill 1 hr until firm. ( I usually chill overnight). Shape into 1" balls place 2" apart on greased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/4" thick with glass in colored sugar. Sprinkle w/additional colored sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Hint: I use parchment paper I don't grease. I feel there's enough butter in for grease. I have never had a problem with sticking...Enjoy

No comments: