Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE

Okay got another one. It's just so easy to type these things once and then paste them into my cookbook software . . . . . ^_^

I made this for dinner last night and my kids went WILD, and actually so did my handsome husband, surprisingly. GREAT low ingredient, fast, dump-it-in-there fambly meal. I served it with chips, potato salad and baked beans, just like I would have if I'd been having burgers.


1 box of creamy, cheesy mac and cheese prepared using directions on box (or you could use a 40 oz pk of Stouffers Mac and Cheese and make your life even easier)
1 lb. ground chuck or ground turkey
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 T catsup
3 tsp yellow mustard
2 tsp dill pickle relish OR several hamburger dill chips
1 or 2 medium tomatos, roughly chopped
1 container refrigerated biscuits

Preheat oven to 400*.

Saute onion and add ground meat until done, drain. Add catsup and mustard and gently stir in tomatoes.

Place half of mac and cheese in a 9" square baking pan and top with the ground beef, then remaining mac and cheese.

Place biscuits around edge of pan. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until biscuits are fully cooked and golden brown.

Sprinkle pickle relish over top, or space hamburger chips apart over top.


Tiedye

No comments: