Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PUMPKIN COBBLER

This is so super easy, so delicious, and it's sort of different- a nice change from pumpkin pie. I wish I could remember where I got the recipe so I could give credit.

15 oz can pumpkin (not pie mix)

12 oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t cloves
1/4 t ginger
1 cup sugar
dash of salt

Mix and pour into 9x13 pan.

1 box yellow cake mix with pudding
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 sticks of melted butter

Sprnkle cake mix over pumpkin, then pecans, then pour butter over.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

-----------------------------------------------

THAT's the original recipe (for that unnamed source which I can not recall). Ok here are the changes I made:

I used real pumpkin that I had in the freezer. It made the batter a little thinner, but it still set, and it was great. I always swear I can tell the difference between canned pumpkin and real. In truth, who knows.....?

I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup, and I used raw sugar instead of refined white sugar. I use raw sugar or turbinado sugar whenever I can, and in a pumpkin recipe it was a no-brainer. Those two tastes are fabulously rich together.

I used walnuts instead of pecans. I like them better with pumpkin. Personal preference.

I reduced the amount of the butter to ONE HALF of a stick. It was PLENTY.

Enjoy, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I'm thankful for this blog.

Tiedye




No comments: