Sunday, December 13, 2009

THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY'S OREO CHEESECAKE

Alright. I have a new cookbook. It's called America's Most Wanted Recipes, and it has the recipes for many restaurants' famous dishes. This is one that's particularly special since a few of my HTE sistahs and I sat in a booth and visited over one of these (and a couple of other flavors of cheesecake as well).

CRUST
2 T butter, melted
1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 25 cookies, finely chopped)

FILLING
Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
5 eggs
1/4 t salt
2 t vanilla
1/4 cup ap flour
8 ounces sour cream
5 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped, for filling

10 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped, for topping

Have all ingredients at room temp before beginning. Preheat oven to 325.

Crust: mix melted butter with Oreo cooking crumbs and press onto bottom and 1 1/2" up the sides of a 9" springform pan. Set aside.

Filling: Beat cream cheese with elec. mixer on low until fluffy. Slowly add sugar and continue beating cream cheese until mixed well. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until blended.
Measure vanilla, salt and flour; pour into cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Add sour cream and beat.
Stir in the 5 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies with a spoon.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into the sprngform pan and sprinkle the 10 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies over.

Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. After that time keep the oven door open and let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool enough to place in refrigerator for 24 hours.

To serve, run a knife or metal spatula around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake, and remove the pan.

Serves 4 to 6

Enjoy! Tiedye

1 comment:

GailD said...

Perfect! I need an oreo cookie crust for MINI cheesecakes I have to make this week. So glad I came to check out the HTE Chef's blog. I have been holding off buying oreos because I knew if I got them too early, I'd eat them before I had a chance to make the cheesecakes!