Sunday, December 13, 2009

IHOP's GRIDDLE CAKES

Many years ago my mother in law told me about these. Ronny and I are not big on going out for breakfast but on this particular morning, we all had accommodated a family member's birthday request and met at the IHOP. I had no clue what to order. Boy was I glad I listened to my Mama.
NOWWWWWW, they have discontinued these delightfully unique pancakes, and I guess it's to the advantage of my hips, but I mourn them. Now that I found the recipe, I'm making them at home. Yay me. Yay my family- wow they're good.

Now this recipe makes a TON of pancakes. BUT. They freeze beeeeeautifully! Makes school mornings a snap.

3 1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup honey
28 ounces of pancake mix
18 ounces of Cream of Wheat
2 t baking powder
5 1/2 cups nonfat milk
8 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil

Mix yogurt and honey until smooth, cover and set aside in a the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, Cream of Wheat, and baking powder; set aside.
In separate large bowl, combine milk, eggs, and oil, stir into dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
Ladle 1/4 cup portions of batter onto medium hot lightly greased griddle. Cook until pancake tops begin to bubble (you guys know how to cook pancakes at this point.....) ^_^

Serve each plate with 1/4 cup of yogurt and honey mixture.

Enjoy! Tiedye

No comments: