Compliments of barbgarrett..................
Sounds a little time consuming - but it's not. It's a "pan" dressing b/c here in my part of the South we don't stuff either.
- Prepare 2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread, let cool, crumble in lg. bowl
- Add 1 package stuffing mix
- Add 1 large can apple pie filling (cut into pieces - include filling)
- Add 1 lb. browned, drained, crumbled country sage sausage
- Cook 1 large onion, 4-5 celery stalks in turkey parts (neck, gizzard, lights, etc) with 3 cups chicken stock (until veggies and meat are done)
- Add 1 cup of cooked veggies to bread mixture
- Add enough chicken stock from cooked veggies to make moist
- Add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning to taste
- Bake in a pan until the top is lightly browned and edges are lightly crispy.
* If you think it has dried out, pour some leftover chicken stock on top before you reheat.
This is the dressing I use to stuff a pork shoulder. I made this recipe when I was on the Food Network